I Choose to Love

I wanted to go to the movies. I really did. There are at least four movies that I've waited all Summer to see, that have just been released. I wanted to order a big buttery tub of popcorn, a salty pretzel, and guzzle each fattening calorie down with a large iced tea. I wanted to get on social media to share with my friends, the good, the bad, and the ugly of each cinematic occurrence. I wanted to...

This past week has been something out of an Orwellian nightmare. Although I try to keep my outlook on things in the Unicorn and Butterfly realm, I'm scared. I truly am. I'm scared that after this political chaos is all said and done, we'll no longer be a country on a mission to mend through peace and brotherhood, but rather one destined to languish in the irony of a systematic induction to ruin. As much as I wanted to snuggle next to my husband, in a dark corner of the theater, enjoying a simulated theatrical world designed to cajole me from my current despair... I could not. I want to stay curled up in bed sobbing. My contorted fetal position offered little comfort, to a heart now troubled with grief. I don't want to go outside, there are people out there. And quite possibly, not so nice people. I deleted some friends, I posted some quotes, I liked and loved some comments. But, I still wanted to go to the movies. But there are people out there. And quite possibly, not so nice people. I did the dishes, I wrote some more chapters to an upcoming book, I used the home foot spa that I received for Christmas. But, I still want to go to the movies. But then, what about those not so nice people? Yeah... what about them?

Damn that! I'm headed out to the movies.

For every act of hate, I will retaliate with more love. For each act of separation, I will respond by embracing all of my brothers and sisters. For their gestures toward our silence, I will lift up my voice, screaming in protest. There are indeed, some not so nice people in the World, that's a fact. But there's also a great deal of very good people in our World. Fear is not an option my friends! Our World needs us to be vigilant in bringing out the good in everyone. We must (all of us) be the change that we wish to see in our World. I'm headed to the movies, not only because I'm eager to see 'Hidden Figures,' but because I'm hoping that I'll run into someone who may be feeling down, and offer them a smile. I'm hoping that I meet a Muslim family in line, and am able to tell them, with sincerity that they belong here. I'm anxious to laugh with a room full of people who find the same movie scenes funny, at the same time, even though we're all different.

We are not defeated, we've only just begun. Love ALWAYS wins against hate! Peace to you all, and I Love you!


 By Clarena Wise


Article Source: I Choose to Love

Haus Persaingan

Haus Persaingan Cerita ini berisi tema atau penyebutan kekerasan fisik, gore, atau pelecehan. Saya telah menatap layar selama berjam-jam. ...