Navigating Your Spiritual Path and Sensing Spiritual Energy



For as long as I can remember, certainly for as long as I have been on my spiritual path or journey, I have sensed energy. Whether it was the energy of a person, a room, an object, or something larger like a building or landscape. I'd know if a place felt sad, or happy, what happened there recently, or maybe in the past. Some places had layers of history and feelings. And I could sense the energy of people who had previously been there, or remained there in some form and for some reason, long after their passing to the next world.

Sensing Energy Helped Me Find My Spiritual Path

The first time I went to Avebury in Wiltshire was incredible. It is an amazing village within a standing stone circle, with an avenue of stones creating a physical spiritual path between the circle and burial mounds close by, plus the peculiar Silbury Hill. To be able to walk amongst the stones and touch them was profound, intense, and peaceful all at once. (Avebury is a UNESCO world heritage site in the U.K.and well worth a visit)

Places in Cornwall, Scotland, Ireland, Shropshire, and many more, as well as a collection of different buildings and places of worship have all held a sense of wonder for me as I could feel a deep spiritual energy emanating from them. These feelings encouraged me to research, ask questions and form my own beliefs along the way. They were like signposts on my spiritual path.

My Spiritual Path In The East

So last year when I went to Japan I felt excited at the anticipation of what the shrines, temples and landscape would hold for me. What would I feel, what would I sense, how much of a spiritual journey would this take me on?

The answer? With the exception of one very old shrine where I could definitely hear the whispers of the past... nothing, rien, nada! I was very surprised.

Maybe I just didn't connect with the energy here? But I had learnt and studied Reiki, felt an affinity with Buddhism and even studied martial arts in my younger days, how could there be nothing here compared with what I get from home? Is it because it is home? Hm... not sure, usually familiarity breeds contempt right? And it's the unusual, the thing we're not used to, that sparks something within us, isn't it? It's the difference, or the change that we sense most strongly, surely? Anyway, I had had a sense of something in Greece at one of the acropolis ruins I had visited, so it couldn't just be that.

Now, as I write this, I am in Thailand. The huge Golden Buddha in Bangkok was incredible, the even larger Reclining Buddha was awe inspiring, the myriad of temples and shrines that exist at almost every turn, what do they do for me? They are beautiful, they are works of art, and they fascinate me just like those in Japan. But again, in terms of my feeling a deep spiritual connection or an energy of the divine from them, again, nothing. I am intrigued by this.

Am I On The Wrong Path?

So I am wondering what you think. I have a few theories, you may have more, and I would love to hear them. Could it be that...

a) I simply don't resonate with the Eastern / Buddhist beliefs in the same way as I resonate with the ancient energy of my place of birth and family connections? (But I can sense the energy of Reiki, Shiatsu, Acupuncture, and Tai Chi, isn't energy just energy whatever you call it and wherever it is?)
Or is it that..

b) In the West, certainly in the U.K. our spiritual places are very much defined and not always integrated in to our every day lives. We go to someone's home, and then we got to a place of worship and they feel different. I go to a public park with beautiful scenery, and then I go to an ancient site, and they feel different.

That difference is what allows me to distinguish between the energies. Whereas, in the East where there are shrines and altars and places of devotion, almost literally on every street corner, and in every home and / or garden, perhaps their faith, their spiritual energy is so established and integrated into the everyday, there is no differentiation.

I am inclined to the second answer here. Maybe it is good for us that we need to seek out our spiritual path, find our own personal places of spiritual energy and power, re-connect with our own personal magic both inside and outside of us. There is power in this process. It means we have to discern between what feels right for us to believe and what others look to tell us is the truth. We have to question, and experience, and make mistakes to find our way and what makes sense to us.

I am not suggesting that being born in to a faith and believing in it is wrong. If it feels right for you then that is good. But if you are drawn to seek something more, if your faith and belief systems don't serve you, if they crush your spirit, or if you cannot feel the beautiful, powerful essence of the universe through them, then maybe you need to go on a journey. Maybe you need to seek a more spiritual path, to find the thing, the place or the people that help you to reconnect with the divine, the source, with love, with the thing that gives you purpose.

Where do these questions and thoughts take you? I would love to know. They are just mine based on my own feelings and observations. Right now they are the truth for me, they may not be for you and that's fine. I hope that they help you to find, or accept, or connect with your own truth and maybe that they help you to navigate your spiritual path.

Classing herself as a naturally modern mystic Helen employs a unique blend of spiritual growth and awareness, intuitive development and energy work to coach women who are looking for more fulfilment in their lives. Take a look at her website for more info and a free gift. http://www.helenleathers.com
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Taun17

Haus Persaingan

Haus Persaingan Cerita ini berisi tema atau penyebutan kekerasan fisik, gore, atau pelecehan. Saya telah menatap layar selama berjam-jam. ...